ROBERTS, Debra J.
|Member since:||March 2006|
|Telephone:||+ (1) 212 836 4808|
|Fax:||+ (1) 917 322 2105|
B.A. English, M.B.A. Finance
- Senior Underwriter – North American Reassurance Company, New York, NY
- Vice President – Atrium Corporation, New York, NY
- Vice President – European International Reinsurance Co. Ltd., Bridgetown, Barbados
- All members of the Swiss Re Group, positions held 1981-1993
Reinsurance arbitrator (ARIAS-U.S. certified), expert witness, consultant – 1993 to date
- ARIAS (US) – Certified Arbitrator and Umpire
- Chartered Financial Analyst – CFA Institute
- Panel Member of ARIAS (UK)
Officer, Life Reinsurer.Officer, Property/Casualty Reinsurer.Officer, (U.S.) licensed reinsurance intermediary.Broad underwriting experience in life/health, property/casualty, finite risk. International capital raising and formation of Barbados companies on behalf of Swiss Re. Lectured at several conferences and seminars in U.S. and UK on various insurance/reinsurance topics. Served on numerous arbitration panels in the U.S. as both party-appointed and umpire. Expert witness for both reinsurance arbitrations (6 in U.S., 4 in UK) and litigations (4 in U.S. federal and state courts). In 2011, elected to the Board of Directors of American Overseas Reinsurance Company Limited and American Overseas Group Limited of Hamilton, Bermuda.