MARSHALL, Ian Edward
|Member since:||April 2007|
|Address:||West Sussex, England|
|Telephone:||+44 (0) 20 7979 7468 (DL)|
|Mobile:||+44 (0) 77719 31148|
|Fax:||+44 (0) 20 7979 7501|
- Hull Grammar SchoolHull University – BSC (Econ)
- Hull University
- Group Head of Consulting – Chiltington International Ltd., 1987 to 2013
- Senior Insurance Audit Manager – Ernst and Young, 1978-1987 in UK, Bermuda and USA
- Trainee Chartered Accountant – 1974-1978
Managing Director, Global Insurance Services, FTI Consulting
- FCA – Fellow of Institute of Chartered Accountants
- CPA – Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- ACII – Associate of The Chartered Insurance Institute and Chartered Insurance Practitioner
- MAE – Practising Member of the Academy of Experts
- Panel Member of ARIAS (UK)
- Over 30 years experience in (re)insurance accounting and auditing, working in UK, Bermuda and USA.
- Expert witness in numerous cases relating to reinsurance accounting, loss quantification and loss spirals and auditing. Instructed in cases in UK, USA, Canada and Bermuda.
- Acted as sole arbitrator in English reinsurance dispute.
- Acted as Independent Chairman of English & American Underwriting Agency solvent and insolvent schemes of arrangement, including having final decision on vote valuation.
- Acted as independent expert for UK Part VII Transfer.
- Directed first EU Reinsurance Directive portfolio transfer from Germany to UK.
- Director in team which developed first UK insurance Solvent Scheme of Arrangement.
- Past director of two UK reinsurance companies.