ARPEL, John David
|Member since:||April 1991|
|Telephone:||+41 79 340 0294|
Sir William Borlase Grammar School, Marlow, and Manchester College, Oxford.
- Underwriter – Elvia Insurance Co., Zürich, 1993-1996
- Director – SCOR UK Operations, 1989-1993
- Vice-President – Swiss Re., Canada & Switzerland, 1985-1989
- Anglo-Swiss Reinsurance Brokers, Switzerland, 1980-1985
- Various underwriting and broking experience in London Market including Lloyd’s, 1969-1980
Principal, Allianz Risk Transfer, Zürich, 1997 to date.
- Fellow of The Chartered Insurance Institute
- Qualified mediator and member of Academy of Experts
- Panel Member and Accredited Mediator of ARIAS (UK)
Wide experience in reinsurance as underwriter and broker in Europe and North America (in particular Canada). Has also written, lectured and held courses on reinsurance, risk management and dispute resolution. Successfully concluded reinsurance disputes as mediator. Expert witness experience and member of different arbitration panels.
French and German.