FOLEY, Philip Thomas
|Member since:||June 2015|
|Telephone:||+44 (0) 20 8946 1676|
|Mobile:||+44 (0) 7899 913615|
|Nationality:||British and Canadian|
Bulmershe Grammar School, Woodley, Berkshire and Reading College of Technology.
- Independent Underwriting Peer Reviewer – Antares Syndicate, 2015 to date, Chaucer 2016 to date and MS Amlin 2017 to date
- Active Underwriter – Syndicate 1218, 2009-2014
- Chief Underwriting Officer – Newline Insurance Company Limited, 2009-2014
- Director – Newline Underwriting Management Limited, 2009-2014
- Senior Vice President – Liberty International Underwriters, Europe, 1998-2008
- Director – Marsh FINPRO London, 1996-1998
- Senior Executive Director – Minet Global Professional Services Limited, 1977-1996
Director – Foley Specialities Limited
Underwriting and Claims Services include: expert witness, independent peer reviewer, claims disputes, policy analysis, commercial mediator, insurance and reinsurance consulting, non-executive directorships. Author of The Chartered Insurance Institute’s study text 995 “Strategic Underwriting”.
- Member, Expert Witness Institute
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow of The Chartered Insurance Institute, Chartered Insurance Practitioner
- Member, Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Member, British Insurance Law Association (BILA)
- Panel Member of ARIAS (UK)
For 20 years was a specialist insurance broker in professional indemnity with expertise in brokers E&O, accountants, lawyers, surveyors, actuaries, IFAs etc. In last 16 years as underwriter, broadened skills set to include most casualty lines including all financial lines (PI/D&O/FI), medical malpractice and general liability (EL/PL/Products). Was chair of Newline’s Delegated Authorities Committee. Has worked in USA/Canadian market, Irish market and the London market with particular experience in the Commonwealth countries.