|Member since:||November 2008|
|Telephone:||+44 (0) 1892 513 833|
|Mobile:||+44 (0) 7977 469 123|
King Edwards School, Birmingham University of London, B.Sc.
- Consultant Underwriter – Brit Insurance Holdings Plc., 2006-2009
- Member – LMA Non-Marine Committee, 2005-2006
- Chairman – LMA US Professional Indemnity Committee, 2004-2006
- Professional Liability Underwriter – Brit Insurance Holdings Plc., 2000-2006
- Professional Liability Underwriter – Wellington Underwriting Group, 1994-2000
- Professional Liability Underwriter – Merrett Group, 1991-1993
- Director – Nelson Hurst and Marsh Ltd., 1985-1991
- Director – Reed Stenhouse Marketing Ltd., 1983-1985
- Chairman – Brit Pension Trustee Ltd., 2008 to date
- Consultant Underwriter to A.L.A.C. (Accountants’ Mutual in the US), 2006 to date
- Insurance and Reinsurance Consultant
- Fellow of The Chartered Insurance Institute
- Panel Member of ARIAS (UK)
- Practising Member of the Academy of Experts
- Member of the UK Register of Expert Witnesses
Over forty years’ experience in the insurance industry including commercial and industrial insurance broking in the UK Midlands, broking of international business into the Lloyd’s and London Markets, directorships of two Lloyd’s brokers and senior underwriting positions on Lloyd’s syndicates as a leading insurer of UK, North American and International professional liability accounts.
Principal specialisations include the broking and underwriting of professional indemnity and liability insurance. Whilst the majority of engagements are in relation to these classes, instructions are also accepted for issues involving general principles of insurance applicable to other classes. Court and arbitration appearances have been made in London and Bermuda.
A full CV is available on request to the email address above.
Currently acts as an insurance and reinsurance consultant and as an expert witness.
On the consultancy side, acts as the consulting underwriter to a group of middle tier accounting firms in the USA for their captive insurance company, covering their professional liability exposures. In addition, provides general advice to clients on professional liability risks and coverage.
Expert witness engagements have included claim’s disputes between underwriters, brokers and insureds relating to a range of issues including late notification, non-disclosure, materiality, interpretation of policy wordings, broker’s duties and market practice. Coverages involved have generally been related to liability insurance including products guarantee, financial institution packages and professional liability.