BARRIE, David Philip
|Member since:||September 2012|
|Telephone:||++44 (0) 1264 738485|
|Mobile:||++44 (0) 7976 575217|
- St. Piran’s School, Maidenhead, Berkshire, 1964-1967
- Eton College, Windsor, Berkshire, 1967-1973
- Consultant with Endurance Worldwide Insurance Ltd
- Director – R.K. Harrison Insurance Brokers
- Reinsurance Broker – Benfield Group
- Director – R.K. Carvill Insurance Brokers
- Director – J.H. Minet Reinsurance Brokers
- Managing Director – Wackerbarth Hardman Insurance Brokers Ltd.
- Managing Director – Furness Houlder London Ltd.
- Director – Furness Houlder Insurance Ltd.
- Director – John Townsend Insurance Brokers
Consultant with Endurance Worldwide Insurance Ltd.
- Panel Member of ARIAS (UK)
- Artist painting under name Piran Strange and Trustee of Piran Strange Charitable Trust (Piran Strange Art Prize being largest Junior Art Prize in the U.K.).
- Member of Lloyd’s Flyfishers’ Society.
- Race horse owner/breeder.
During career starting January 1974 has always been involved in reinsurance and insurance, acting for large clients in very specialist areas. Has been involved in developing and designing bespoke products specialising in marine and energy business. Considerable experience in claims resolution work including participation as witness in three arbitrations.
Italian and novice Greek.