GLYNN, Robert Jolyon Hutchison
|Member since:||October 1997|
|Telephone:||+44 (0) 1223 813922|
|Mobile:||+44 (0) 771 542 1961|
|Fax:||+44 (0) 1223 813922|
Harrow School and Exeter University (BSc. (Hons.) Chemical Engineering).
- Director, Energy Division – Cooper Gay & Co. Ltd., then Newman Martin & Buchan LLC then CGNMB LLP, 2009-2015
- Onshore Construction Team Leader – Benfield Corporate Risk, 2006-2009
- Managing Director – Marsh Ltd., Marine & Energy Practice and Onshore Energy Construction Practice Leader, 2003-2006
- Senior Vice President, Marine & Energy Division – Marsh Speciality Operations Ltd., 1995-2003
- Vice President – Bowring Marine & Energy Ltd., 1992-1995
- Director – Bowring Marine & Energy Ltd., 1990-1992
- Assistant Director – Bowring Marine & Energy Ltd., 1988-1990
- Senior Broker, Energy Division – Bowring Marine & Energy Insurance Brokers Ltd., 1986-1988
- Broker – Oilex Division, J.H. Minet Ltd., 1985-1986
- Claims Broker then Claims Supervisor – Oilex Division, J.H. Minet Ltd., 1982-1985
Director, Power, Nuclear & Construction Division – Price Forbes & Partners Limited
- Associate of The Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII)
- Chartered Insurance Practitioner
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb.)
- Accredited CEDR Mediator
- Committee and Panel Member of ARIAS (UK)
- Specialist Member of the Institute of Risk Management (SIRM)
- UK Committee member of the World Petroleum Council (WPC)
- British Insurance Law Association (BILA)
- Oil, Petrochemical and Energy Risk Association (OPERA)
- Associate Member of the International Association of Engineering Insurers (IMIA)
Specialised for over thirty years in all aspects of onshore energy and power insurance broking. Has led during the last twenty years the placement of many major onshore oil, gas, petrochemical and power construction insurances throughout the world. Advises clients on all aspects of a project’s insurance needs; drafts and negotiates agreement to insurance/reinsurance policy wordings; provides advice on construction contract indemnity and insurance clauses; provides input and solutions to various lender requirements; and collects and collates technical project information for presentation to underwriters.
Since 1993, has successfully mediated various insurance disputes (including the first Lloyd’s dispute to be settled by mediation), ranging from medical, travel, property, engineering, treaty reinsurance and legal insurances. Additionally acts as an expert witness.
Writes onshore project risk assessment reports (RARs) and has written many technical insurance papers and books, individually or with others, and has lectured extensively throughout the world.