SCHMIDT IV, Daniel E.
|Member since:||October 2009|
|Address:||New Jersey/Arizona, USA|
|Mobile:||+(1) 732 614 1366|
- Juris Doctor (1975) – St. John’s University School of Law
- Postgraduate (1972) – Graduate faculty, New School for Social and Political Research
- Bachelor of Arts (1971) – St. Lawrence University
- Juris Doctor (1975) – St. John’s University School of LawPostgraduate (1972) – Graduate faculty, New School for Social and Political ResearchBachelor of Arts (1971) – St. Lawrence University
Senior Executive positions (Executive Vice President, Chief Legal Officer, Deputy General Manager, Vice Chairman, and Executive Committee of Board of Directors) responsible for legal, regulatory, dispute resolution, claims, corporate secretarial, human resources, shareholder, SEC, and compliance matters in groups with insurance, reinsurance, agency, asset management, IT consulting, and holding companies domesticated in North America, Europe and Asia.
- Certified Arbitrator and Umpire, ARIAS US
- Associate Editor, ARIAS US Quarterly
- American Arbitration Association (Panel of Commercial Arbitrators, Roster of Reinsurance Umpires, and Panel of International Arbitrators) American Bar Association
- Panel Member of ARIAS (UK)
Since 1987, named as arbitrator or umpire in over 410 cases (approximately 1/3 as umpire, 1/3 as arbitrator “for” ceding company, and 1/3 as arbitrator “for” assuming company), most involving significant sums and virtually all issues in virtually all lines of the worldwide insurance/reinsurance industry. Features in Who’s Who in America & Who’s Who in American Law. Please see website for complete CV and Fee/Retainer Schedule.