McKENNA, John Christopher
|Member since:||July 1995|
- Dalhousie University – Bachelor of Commerce
- Chartered Accountant – Bermuda and Canada
- Partner – Ernst & Young, 1993-2006
- General Manager – Mentor Insurance Ltd, 1986-1993
- Treasurer – General International Ltd, 1984-1986
Director – Finance & Risk Services Ltd (2007 to date).
- Panel Member and Accredited Mediator of ARIAS (UK)
- Fellow – Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Associate in Reinsurance – Insurance Institute of America
- Associate in Risk Management – Insurance Institute of America
- Member – ARIAS (US)
- Member – Institute of Directors
Extensive experience over the past 30 years in reinsurance and restructuring matters, particularly around litigation management, operations, collections and commutation negotiations, claims adjudication and arbitration and mediation. Has promoted schemes of arrangement in a number of matters and has also acted as scheme meeting chair and independent vote assessor in others. Frequent speaker on insurance and reinsurance restructuring matters.