DASSENKO, Paul Edward
|Member since:||July 2010|
|Address:||New York, USA|
|Mobile:||+00 (1) 860 866 7145|
- Post Graduate: IMD Lausanne (CH) – 2002
- Juris Doctor: University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, Sacramento (USA) – 1982
- Bachelor of Arts: Walla Walla University, Walla Walla (USA) – 1974
- Founder, President and CEO, Risk Transfer Underwriting, Inc., from 2011 to 2018
- President & CEO – Converium Reinsurance (North America), Converium Insurance (North America), 2004-2007
- Managing Director and various other senior executive positions – GIO Insurance Ltd., 1999-2004
- Director of Insurance Operations & Senior Officer – Transit Casualty Co. (in Receivership), 1989-1995
- Senior Broker & Principal – Tretis Group, Inc. (GuyCarp), 1986-1989
- Vice President – John F. Sullivan, Inc. (GuyCarp), 1985-1986
- Vice President – American Re (Munich Re), 1982-1985
- Asst. Secy. – North American Re (Swiss Re), 1978-1982
- Acct Analyst – Travelers Ins. Co., 1976-1978
Principal & Sole Shareholder, AzuRe Advisors, Inc. since March 2007 (Insurance & Reinsurance Consulting, Arbitration & Mediation).
- State Bar of California – Active in Good Standing
- Certified Arbitrator and Umpire, ARIAS-US
- Panel Member of ARIAS (UK)
Appointments in over 300 arbitrations in the US, the UK, and Bermuda. Written decisions under UNCITRAL and the International Court of Arbitration (Paris). Experience in underwriting both general insurance and reinsurance (facultative and treaty). Experience as a reinsurance broker. London market, Europe, Asian and Latin American experience, as well.
Spanish (fluent to conduct hearing and write decisions). Modest to rudimentary French, German and Italian conversational skills.