GLYNN, Robert Jolyon Hutchison
|Member since:||October 1997|
|Telephone:||+44 (0) 1223 813922|
|Mobile:||+44 (0) 771 542 1961|
Harrow School and Exeter University (BSc. (Hons.) Chemical Engineering).
- Director,Risk Management, Price Forbes & Partners Ltd.
- Director, Energy Division – Cooper Gay & Co. Ltd., then Newman Martin & Buchan LLC then CGNMB LLP, 2009-2015
- Onshore Construction Team Leader – Benfield Corporate Risk, 2006-2009
- Managing Director – Marsh Ltd., Marine & Energy Practice and Onshore Energy Construction Practice Leader, 2003-2006
- Senior Vice President, Marine & Energy Division – Marsh Speciality Operations Ltd., 1995-2003
- Vice President – Bowring Marine & Energy Ltd., 1992-1995
- Director – Bowring Marine & Energy Ltd., 1990-1992
- Assistant Director – Bowring Marine & Energy Ltd., 1988-1990
- Senior Broker, Energy Division – Bowring Marine & Energy Insurance Brokers Ltd., 1986-1988
- Broker – Oilex Division, J.H. Minet Ltd., 1985-1986
- Claims Broker then Claims Supervisor – Oilex Division, J.H. Minet Ltd., 1982-1985
Director, Glynn Consultancy Services Ltd.
- Associate of The Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII)
- Chartered Insurance Practitioner
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb.)
- Accredited CEDR Mediator
- Committee and Panel Member of ARIAS (UK)
- Specialist Member of the Institute of Risk Management (SIRM)
- UK Committee member of the World Petroleum Council (WPC)
- British Insurance Law Association (BILA)
- Oil, Petrochemical and Energy Risk Association (OPERA)
- Associate Member of the International Association of Engineering Insurers (IMIA)
For over 40 years, he has specialised in all aspects of risk management and insurance placement relating to both the construction and operational phases for the mid/downstream energy, power, processing and mining industries. He advises clients on all aspects of a project’s risk profile, how this may be improved and what risks may be mitigated with insurance; negotiates agreement to insurance/reinsurance policy wordings; provides advice on construction contract indemnity and insurance clauses; works with lenders/their legal teams so to agree potential solutions to various lender requirements; and collects and collates technical project information in a clear format that can be presented to insurance underwriters/their engineers.
Since 1993, has successfully mediated various insurance disputes (including the first Lloyd’s dispute to be settled by mediation), ranging from medical, travel, property, engineering, treaty reinsurance and legal insurances. He has also acted as an expert witness in a variety of insurance related disagreements.
Writes onshore project risk assessment reports (RARs) and has written many technical insurance papers and books, individually or with others, and has lectured extensively throughout the world.