FAIRS, Terence Geoffrey
|Member since:||October 1996|
|Telephone:||+44 (0) 1732 832475|
|Mobile:||+44 (0) 7968 048222|
Leiston Grammar School, Suffolk, UK.
- Principal, Fairs Reinsurance Consulting, 2000-2014
- Principal U.K. Executive & Group Assistant General Manager (Reinsurance) – Middle Sea Insurance, London, 1994-2000
- Assistant General Manager – NRG Victory, 1991-1994
- Assistant General Manager, International – Victory, 1990-1991
- Underwriting Manager – Victory, 1985-1990
- Treaty Underwriter – Victory, 1978-1985
- Underwriting Services Manager – Victory, 1973-1978
- Reinsurance underwriting – Mercantile and General, 1969-1972
- Direct insurance underwriting – Norwich Union/General Accident (CGNU), 1962-1969
- Associate of The Chartered Insurance Institute
- Chartered Insurance Practitioner
- Panel Member and Hon. Secretary of ARIAS (UK)
Grounding in direct property and casualty insurance. Then concentrated, at successive levels of complexity and seniority, on reinsurance underwriting and underwriting management/general management. Expertise in underwriting proportional and excess of loss treaty business, both property and casualty, and facultative reinsurance. Extensive experience in giving technical lectures to the CII and other bodies. Now concentrates exclusively on arbitration work and has experience of acting as umpire and tribunal chairman.
Slight French and German.